Regret sending them off without a kiss


For the longest time I didn't know we could like our own posts. I published them and waited for someone to be the first to like my babies.
Much later I read that it's okay to like your own baby. I learned that many were doing it. Suddenly this made sense. If I don't like my own stuff, how could anyone else like it?
I started clicking the star on my posts first thing – it became a ritual. A bit like sending a kid off with a kiss and good wishes into the world. Who knows how that world would treat it. At least I'd done my best as a parent. I'd cared, dressed it up in warm clothes, shown it some affection.
Now I have to send my babies off without that kiss. It's weird, it feels like something's missing.
And I think about all the early posts I did send off without a kiss. For some crazy reason, I feel sorry they had to go and fight for themselves without as much as a good-bye kiss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.