Materi Recount Text


Materi Bimbel hari ini adalah Recount Text, yuk simak materinya dan selamat belajar!

1. Purpose:
 to tell the readers what happened in the past through a sequence of events.

2. Text Organization:
A.  Personal Recounts:
- Orientation (who were involved in the story, when, and where)
- Events (tell what happened in a chronological order)
- Evaluation (comments of the writer/speaker about the experience)
- Reorientation (the conclusion of the experience)
B.  Factual Recounts:
 - Orientation (who were involved in the story, when, and where)
 - Events (tell what happened in a chronological order)

3.  Language Features:
- Using nouns and pronouns (e.g. David, we, his)
- Using action verbs (e.g. went, spent, played)
- Using past tenses (e.g. We went for a trip to the zoo)
- Using time conjunctions (e.g. and, but, after, finally)
- Using adverbs and adverbs of phrases (e.g. in my house, slowly, cheerfully)
- Using adjectives (e.g. beautiful, sunny)

4.  Recount Text:

Earthquake
Has everybody here heard of an earthquake? Do you know what it is like when it happens? Well, I once experienced it. Okay, I'll tell you about my experience. Listen.

Orientation:
I was driving along the coast road when the car suddenly lurched to one side.

Events:
You know what happened? At the first I thought a tire had gone flat but then I saw telegraph poles collapsing like matchsticks. It's terrible, isn't it?
Next, guess what! The rocks came tumbling across the road and I had to get out of the car.
When I got back to town, well as I said, there wasn't much left.

Reorientation:
My God, that was a nightmare.

5.  Find Out:
1)  Who was involved in that story?
2)  Where did the story happen?
3)  What is the first event of the story?
4)  What is the second event of the story?
5)  The last event of the story is .....
6)  Among the three events, which event touches your heart the most?
7)  What is the purpose of the writer telling this story?
8)  Why do you have to use "past tenses" in the story?
9)  How did the writer feel about this story?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.