Expressing Giving Advice/Suggestion


Materi Bimbel hari ini adalah Expressing Giving Advice/Suggestion (ungkapan memberi nasihat/saran), yuk simak materinya dan selamat belajar!

In daily communication, we often advice someone for something. We should know what expressions are usually used for giving advice/suggestion. Here are some ways to advice someone for something.

A. Asking for Advice/Suggestion:
Do you think I ought to call the police?
What do you think I should buy him for his birthday?
-  Do you have any ideas about how I can sell my car?
-  Should I try to talk with him about this matter again?
-  If you were me, what would you tell her?
-  If you were in my situation, would you forgive him?
-  What do you advise I pack for the trip?
-  Do you have any advice for me?
-  Can you give me some advises about something?
-  How do you suggest I fix this broken window?
-  Are you suggesting I give up jogging?
-  What do you recommend I take for a bad headache?
-  Do you have any recommendations about a good hotel in Paris?
-  Can you recommend a suitable wine for dinner?


B. Offering Advice/Suggestion:
-  Why not to study regularly.
-  I think you'd better start looking for a new job
-  If I were you, I'd stop writing her
-  It would probably be a good idea to send this by Express mail
-  Why don't you try calling her tonight?
-  How about taking a bus instead of driving?
-  Try ignoring her for awhile
-  I'd say that you'd better quit the team now
-  I advise you to talk with your lawyer
-  My advice is to be careful in doing business with them
-  I suggest that we go out for dinner tonight
-  Let me suggest that we buy a new copier
-  I recommend that you cancel your appointment
-  My recommendation is that we begin the sales program in May

C. Practice:
Mark and John are the third year of Senior High School students. John would like to study in a state university.
John : Mark, I'd like to study in a state university, but I'm worried I can't pass entering test.
Mark : Why not joining me for preparing the test in college?
John : By the way, how much money does it cost for the college?
Mark : Not more than a million rupiah yearly.
John : Okay, I'll consider it with my parents.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.