Expressing Feelings


Materi Bimbel hari ini adalah Expressing Feelings (unkapan perasaan), yuk simak materinya dan selamat belajar!

1. Expressing Happiness
A. Formal:
- Oh, I'm so happy
- I can't say how pleased I am
- I had a splendid time there
- What a marvelous place I've ever seen
- It's an outstanding adventure
- It's an interesting experience
 - It's an sensational trip

B. Informal:
- Great!
- Exciting!
- Fantastic!
- Super!
- Terrific!
- Smashing! (British English)
- Hey, that's terrific/great


2. Expressing Boredom
A. Formal:
- I think it was a boring holiday
- It sounds boring
- It's totally/awfully boring
- I'm rather bored
- How boring!
- I don't think the trip was very interesting
- I'm fed up with it

B. Informal:
- It's totally boring
- The film was awfully boring
- How boring!
- How unexciting!
- I'm fed up with all your grumbling!
- Dull
- Not interesting

3. Expressing Disappointment
A. Formal:
- That's very disappointing
- I must say I'm really disappointed
- It's a great disappointment
- That's too bad

B. Informal:
- Oh, no!
- That's too bad
- That's a real shame/pity
- It's a real shame
- Bad luck!

4. Exercise
Make a short conversation based on these situations!
1) You have a lot of homework and feel bored and want some refreshment.
2) You failed in your driving test three times. You are reluctant to take the test again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.