Penggunaan Connectives


Materi Bimbel hari ini adalah Connectives, yuk simak materinya dan selamat belajar!

Connectives are used to join two sentences or more into one sentence. Connectives are divided into seven expressions as follow:

1. To express time
     (before, after, as soon as, while, when)
     Examples:
     a. We went home after the rain stopped
     b. I prepare my ticket and passport before I go on Holiday to Paris
     c. I started to look for an apartment as soon as I arrived in this city
     d. While he was reading his novel, someone knocked on the door 
     e. I was really sad when I saw a drama movie

2. To express cause
    (because, because of, since)
    Examples:
    a. I went to the hospital because I had a serious accident
    b. I went to the hospital because of my serious accident
    c. Since I have no money, I can't treat you

3. To express procedure
    (first, next, then, after that, finally)
    Examples:
    a. First, we must prepare the ingredients
    b. Next, we cut the vegetables into small pieces
    c. After that, we put them into frying pan
    d. Finally, we put some sauce and salt

4. To express condition
    (unless, if)
    Example:
    a. Unless her stepmother gave her permission, Cinderella wouldn't go anywhere

5. To express concession
    (although, even though, though)
    Example:
    a. Ben was not accepted by the university although he had good grades

6. To express purpose
    (in order to, so that)
    Example:
    a. My father took an extra job so that our family could take a vacation this summer

7. To express identification
    (that, when, where, who)
    Examples:
    a. I want to talk to the little girl who is wearing the white dress
    b. Citra chose the dog that was running around and barking

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.